LDPOA Monthly Board Meeting April 8, 2017

Lake Diane Property Owners Association

Monthly Board Meeting

April 08, 2017



The meeting was called to order by President, Roger Giallorati at 10AM.


Board Members in Attendance:


Roger Giallorati, President

Al Vitous, Vice President (via teleconference)

Jim Watt, Treasurer

Jerry Agrusa

Kevin Mack


The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.


Roger Giallorati presented minutes from the March 11, 2017 monthly meeting. The minutes needed on adjustment; Permit for Goose Egg Nest Destruction has not been received.


Treasurers Report:


Jim Watt, Treasurer presented the Treasurer’s Report. The report was approved as written. 


There is $300.00 in the budget for the Breakfast with Santa Toys for Tots event for the 2016-2017 calendar year. This year’s event came in under budget.  Kim Byrne had made a motion that any unused budgeted funds be donated to the Hillsdale Area Toys For Tots at the March  Jim Watt asked for a receipt/bill and any deductions from the Toys for Tots event and he will write the check to be delivered. Kim to contact Jim to work out details.


Aquatic Life:


Roger has signed a contract with Clark Aquatic Services of Niles, Michigan for summer lake weed treatment. Roger will follow up on GE permit.





There have been two applications approved for construction, one for an addition and one for a deck.  The addresses are:  14701 West Diane Drive for addition and Garage and 13565 Monte Carlo for a deck around ¾ of the house.





Nothing new to report other than board was removed from Dam by the DEQ.








The canvas will be completely removed from 3 sides after next meeting (May) and the stove removed for summer. Terry Rupp will have crew present after the May meeting to move rocks to the shore.  Terry also will have Jonesville Lumber give quote on building hatches to cover top half of three walls along with building the same type wall on west side of Shelter House. The board will discuss options, then proceed with alternative winterization proposal to the LDPOA at the Annual Meeting for approval.


Lake Diane Schedule of Events:


Boaters Safety has been scheduled for June 3rd.


Old Business:


There was another discussion regarding the LeBlanc/McDonald lawsuit. LeBlanc and McDonald refuse to pay their outstanding dues of over $7,500.  They are in process of acquiring additional properties resulting in an increase to their outstanding debt to the LDPOA.  Jim and Roger have met with LDPOA attorney and reported we have no responsibilities to repair or install roads based on LeBlanc and McDonald’s theory of road ownership from original developers passing down to the LDPOA.


Dave Bonney attended meeting to discuss sewer system capabilities to handle French Quarter. Dave reported a third pond was built to handle all the subdivisions including FQ.  It was also noted by several attendees that French Quarter roads were built originally along with the other subdivisions.


Roger was given phone number to Progressive Eng. 616-361-2664. The original company that engineered the sewer system. He will contact to discuss as it is suggested the ponds can’t handle anymore waste.


Resolution options will be presented at the annual meeting, with a vote to follow by the LDPOA Members.


New Business:


Wade Clevenger questioned his bill for dues, Jim will investigate.


At 11:44AM, Jerry made a motion that the meeting be adjourned.  Jim seconded the motion.  A vote was taken, and the meeting adjourned.



Respectfully Submitted:

Roger Giallorati