LDPOA Monthly Board Meeting September 10, 2016

Lake Diane Property Owners Association
Monthly Board Meeting
September 10, 2016

The meeting was called to order by President Roger Giallorati at 10AM.

Board Members in Attendance:

Roger Giallorati, President
Jim Watt, Treasurer
Kim Byrne, Secretary
Al Vitous
Jerry Agrusa
Scott Coakley
Kevin Mack

The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.

Kim Byrne, Secretary presented minutes from the August 13, 2016 monthly meeting. The minutes were approved as written.

Treasurers Report:

Jim Watt, Treasurer presented the Treasurer’s Report. The report was approved as written.

Aquatic Life:

Lily pads were sprayed this past Wednesday. Phyllis and Al Vitous assisted the spotter to be certain that all areas were treated. There was a 40’X40’ area sprayed in North Bay. Ornamentals were not sprayed.

The island has re-surfaced, and broken apart. It is not known if this is a natural process or if it has been hit by watercraft.

Roger has emailed and spoken to Brad Smith regarding key holing. Brad Smith indicated that because there is no zoning in Camden Township, the township has no power to intercede. Dan Fleck commented that he had gathered information, then presented it to Brad Smith approximately four years ago. Roger will speak to Roy Brandes, then follow-up with Brad Smith.

Building Committee:

There has been a complaint filed with Hillsdale County for the remaining eight property owners whom are non-compliant with the removal of their camping trailers. The defendants have twenty-one days to respond or move their trailers. Because the attorney filed one complaint, but included all eight property owners, the cost was just $175.00.

Roger proposed paying legal fees for “co-signees” of trailer lawsuit(s). It is possible that a neighbor could be a co-signee on a trailer lawsuit, then face future legal fees due to retribution from the original suit. There are multiple variables to this type of situation. The proposal was tabled. There will be further discussion in the future.

Scott Preston applied for and received authorization from the Building Committee to construct a storage barn on his lot adjacent to his house. He also filed a “Combination Request Form” with Amboy Township to combine his two lots. His request was denied as his two lots are in different subdivisions. The board agreed to assist Scott in resolving the issue. Kim Byrne will email a copy of the Resolution of Variances along with a sample of a granted variance to Scott for reference.

Approval was granted to Karen and Jim Watt for revision and extension of their home at 1866 Anchor Way.

Approval was granted to John and Jane Imo to construct a storage barn. This would require that they relocate their existing structure property lot line to accommodate space for the storage barn. The Imo’s hold title to the adjoining lot. They have filed for, and received permission to relocate the lot line with Amboy Township. Verbal approval was conveyed to the Building Committee from Amboy Township via the Imo’s. However, the building committee does not have the approval in hand. Dan Fleck was present, and indicated he plans to file suit with both the township and the Imo’s citing a violation in procedure.


Scott Coakley has dedicated time to study the lake, and its areas which need dredging. The areas will need to be prioritized. Scott proposes organizing a committee, as the process takes much time and effort. Bob Christ asked if the lake level could be raised. Scott indicated that he has inspected the dam, and indeed the lake level could be raised approximately four inches. He will make contact with the necessary officials for permission to adjust the dam to raise the lake level.


The shoreline restoration has begun. A report was given.

Welcome Committee:

There were four property closings this month. Al has completed fifteen new packets for future property owners.

Lake Diane Events:

The Toys for Tots Breakfast with Santa event is the final event of the year. Kim Byrne plans to speak with Kim at Shore Side Plaza to possibly move the event there to promote attendance.

Old Business:

Jerry Agrusa is working to pursue past due accounts. He has requested the top five delinquent accounts to proceed with collections.

New Business:

Jo Ellen & Gary Wright and Donna Davidson were in attendance to report the success of the Wine Crawl. This year’s event netted $4,000.00. The proceeds benefit Chickadee Park. There will be an addition to the existing play structure along with repairs to the original structure. Kevin Mack asked that a new infant swing seat be ordered for the equipment at the shelter house. Jo Ellen, Gary and Donna agreed to do so.

At 11:15AM, Roger made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. Jerry seconded the motion. A vote was taken, and the meeting adjourned.

Respectfully Submitted:

Kim Byrne, Secretary