LDCA Monthly Board Meeting November 16, 2019

Monthly Board Meeting
November 16, 2019

Roger Giallorati, President
Scott Coakley, Vice President
Jim Watt, Treasurer
Kim Byrne, Secretary (absent)
Rod Anderson
Jerry Agrusa
Kevin Mack

The meeting was called to order by President, Roger Giallorati at 10:00AM.

Minutes from the September 14, 2019 meeting were presented by Roger Giallorati. The minutes were approved as written. Additionally, the final meeting minutes from LDPOA closure meeting were read from September 14, 2019.

Jim Watt presented the Treasurers Report. Jim reported there is some confusion with Porta-Potty bill. Discussion on Fireworks ensued, Scott Coakley reported CAMTOR is the company that was hired. Scott explained the Fireworks will take place on July 4th with the rain date being July 5th. The report was approved as written.


Roger reported there is no new Legal issues ongoing. The Park Deeds are filed and provided copies. Karyle is working on meeting with the Attorney of HCDC, but Roger did not believe she was following up. Jerry Agrusa mentioned he will contact other Lake Associations to ask about their Attorneys for contacting. It was the widely agreed we need to move to new legal representation.

Roger reported we have the permission to collect Goose Eggs through Amboy Township for the next 5 years.


Jim reported that the membership drive has maintained status quo. To date there are 177 members. Roger will put together Annual Letter to help increase membership. He will send out draft shortly for everyone’s input.


There is no update on the progress of the raising of the level of the lake by 3”. Karlye Horton has indicated through written correspondence she will be in contact with the HCDC.

Clarke Aquatic had experienced a delay in treatment of the lily pads due to a change in state law. They missed treating the Lily Pads this year.


Dredging is in progress. Moving very slow – now due to weather. We are receiving great value for the work being performed, but we are at the dredger’s mercy on the timing. To dredge more of the Lake in the future we will need to raise a lot more money. Needs to be on the Agenda for the Annual Meeting


Joellen has added more equipment at the Shelter House. Terry Rupp reported on his latest plans for adding some larger rocks next year – will need $1,000. Terry Rupp brought up the idea of surveying all the lots, we will add to Annual Meeting agenda. Should costs around $1,000.
We need to further discuss maintaining grass mowing on all Parks.


To date, the 2020 events schedule is as follows:

June 6, 2020 – Boater’s Safety Course
June 13, 2020 – Annual Meeting
June 20, 2020 – Lake Wide Garage Sales
July 4, 2020 – Fireworks (Rain date, July 5th, 2020)
July 25, 2020 – Golf Outing
August 8, 2020 – Annual Picnic

The only date in question is Boater’s Safety. Toys for Tots was done at the Pizza Party at the Rupp’s.

Roger to contact Jeff Wenslick to add Calendar of Events to Website.


Karlye Horton believes LDCA would qualify to receive gaming permits through the state. Roger turned the forms over to Kim for submission to the gaming commission. Kim told Roger we need a resolution from Amboy Township. This needs to be discussed again at the next meeting. Roger reported on the adopted Resolution for Golf Carts passed by Amboy Township (October 2019). We need more information as to whether we need stickers in 2020. Jerry will talk to Brad and Jim and Roger will ask at the next Amboy Township meeting.


No meeting scheduled for December 2019 or February 2020.


At 10:48am Roger made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Jim seconded the motion. A vote was taken and the meeting adjourned.

Respectfully Submitted:

Roger Giallorati